Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Farseek Mercenaries Series Parallel Stories

Hi Readers:

I feel the need to clarify something that was mentioned in one of your reviews. Honestly, I wasn't trying to slip anything by you in Lieutenant's Mate.

One reader complained that some of the same events happened in Book 2 as in Book 1. I did this because the characters in each book of the series have experienced the same events from different perspectives. Depending on their part in the same chain of events I tried to show their unique experience of their take on the shared event,

Believe me, I kept that in mind as I was writing the third book in the series Sahvin's Mate. The story opens with Sahvin, a Narovian feline is rescued from slavery in the mining colony on the planet Breskaa. In Book 3 this event is told from Sahvin's point of view.  We learned in Book 1 that Nora Reed is his meomee or soul mate. Then they go off together and we don't hear much about them until the end of Book 2.

Book 3 is Sahvin's and Nora's experience of the chain of events from the Breskaa rescue on. Book 4 will tell the story of Zoe Addison and her mate who is revealed in Book 3.

My plan wasn't to write the same story four times but to show four different experiences of the same chain of events. Making it unfold this way told from alternating points of view from eight characters would be much harder to follow than two at a time.

I am hoping the reader who wasn't happy with the structure of the series will give it another try. I think Sahvin is one of the best characters so far. But, I almost always think the one I am writing or just wrote is the best so far.

Look for Sahvin's Mate coming soon to Amazon.

Thanks for reading!

Clarissa Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment